That came in like a wrecking ball.
That came in like a wrecking ball.
has anyone posted this yet? I love it!
This was perfect
- Stop calling people who practice palm reading, scrying, and tarot readings g*psies
- Stop calling women who wear head scarves and flowing skirts and metal jewelry g*psies
- Stop calling nomadic people g*psies
- Stop calling free-spirited people g*psies
- Stop calling hippies g*psies
- Stop using the term g*psy in your title, header, url or links you put on posts
- Stop thinking that Hollywood “g*psies” are actual accurate representations of the Romani people
Fun facts about the word g*psy
- It’s a slur
- If you’re a white bread kid calling yourself a g*psy it’s bullshit and racist
- If you know people of Roma descent and they say g*psy, that’s their right because it is a word that they can choose to reclaim or use but you can’t (think of it like the “n” word. You may now POC’s that use it but you shouldn’t if you aren’t a POC because that’s not right)
- The term being “gypped” or being cheated or swindled originated from the racist slur g*psy so try saying something less fucking racist like “i got ripped off”
- Stop using that fucking word because it’s racist
- it’s not up for debate
- don’t do it
What you can call them instead:
- Roma/Romani (because that is the commonly accepted term to cover all branches and groups of the Romani peoples)
- If you know that someone falls under the blanket term Roma, ask them what they would preferred to be referred to as because that’s just as fucking important as using the proper pronouns believe it or not
Someone from another minority which is regularly ignored, fetishized, and disrespected through the use of racist terms that people can’t get through their thick fucking skulls
Small note on what’s mentioned regarding “PoC” using the N word; no, if you aren’t Black you shouldn’t be using the N word.
i formally apologize to anyone who knew me when i was 13
Things that adults are supposed to do that I do not do:
- change my sheets nearly as often as i should
- clean. like ever.
- fold my laundry
- know what the fuck I’m doing with insurance
- not stay in pajamas all weekend
- budget. at all.
- deal with my loans. at all.
- pretty much everything else
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
Though if you meant Andy Warhol… Yeah dude was weird
(And yes, it shouldn’t have to be made sexy. But at least it’s there.)
Does anyone else remember playing music in Real One Player and just sitting there and watching this for like two hours